Monday 16 January 2012

Where to stay in Cebu?

If you are planning to visit Cebu City, maybe this blog entry will help you in picking your accommodation.


Marriott Cebu

Marriott Hotel Cebu is located in Cebu's financial district and right next to Ayala Mall.  It have 12 floors, 278 rooms and 23 suites, high speed internet, pool and pool bar, spa, in house laundry service, restaurants and meeting rooms.
Booking:


Luke and I made our last minute booking through agoda.  When I say last minute, I mean just before we checked-in.  We explained this to the concierge and she told us they were fully booked without checking our voucher.  We had a confirmed booking so it's annoying to hear that you spent over £60 a night for a room that you can't use.  Only after we showed her our voucher that she realised the we have a booking.
Photos from Marriott Cebu Website
The Room:

I've been to a lot of business hotel and I have to say, I liked the little details that they put in the room.  They have the most comfortable, spacious bed I've been in.  Good for 3 people.  No need for Luke to push me back on my side when I'm taking over the bed on my sleep.  Lemon grass scented toiletries(shampoo, conditioner, bath soap, facial and body soap and lotion) were provided too.  I especially liked the spacious closet and in room safety deposit box.  The only downside, the view.  It's overlooking the Ayala parking space.

My Review:

For £60 a night, it's expensive but bear in mind that you are paying for safety, comfort and convenience.  The guards checked every vehicle that comes in the property and they scan all the bags that goes in the hotel too.  The room is very clean and smelled new.  My only issue, the guest who smokes in the corridor despite the non-smoking sign.  The staffs are very polite, trained to greet you anywhere in the vicinity of the hotel, although they didn't assist us in our room on our arrival.  Will I stay again?  Only if I can get the room for cheaper price.  :)

Cebu Parklane International Hotel

Cebu Parklane International Hotel features 241 guest rooms, 1 ballroom, 1 hall and 7 multi-function rooms.  It have high-speed internet, fitness gym, bar, waiting lounge, pool and restaurant and in-house spa.  Best of all, it is just 5 minutes by foot to Ayala Mall.   

Booking:

As usual, Luke and I booked through agoda.  This time though, we got the dates wrong.  Thankfully with agoda, you can now rebook without paying extra.  The receptionist was nice enough to wait until our rebooking was confirmed.  Thank God for wi-fi in the waiting lounge.  They only have double separate beds for the non-smoking room but the lady in the reception was able to find us a superior room in the smoking area.  I was skeptical on staying in a smoking room but we were assured that it was sprayed before we got in there.  




The Room:

It was a bit cramped, dark and we had no view.  I appreciated the graffiti to make up for the lack of view.  I liked that they have cable TV, strong aircon and abundant toiletries.  Everything is double in supply and they even replenish everything the next day.  The smell of smoke isn't that strong but definitely stronger in the corridor.  Thankfully, the smell didn't seep through our clothes.

My Review:

I'm not  the biggest fan of the room but it's okay for it's price.  I loved that the receptionists are very accommodating and the staffs are very polite.  There is nothing special with the breakfast buffet though.  Although they have massive selection, I couldn't bring myself to go back again for seconds.  It wasn't that good.  You have to go there early for breakfast as they don't replenish the food closer to the closing time.  Will I go back again?  I'm not sure.  There are a lot of hotels in the area.

2 comments:

Irene said...

Thanks for this. My family and I will stay at Marriott this weekend so your review is helpful :)

arrielle_p said...

meron kayang beach? Pero condo?? Looking for condo for sale in cebu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...