Saturday 26 September 2015

Cheddar Gorge, Somerset

I will say this again, I love my husband's sense of adventure.  I admire his ability to overcome boredom by coming up with a plan.  :-P When we are both free and the weather is good, he takes me to places which I/we haven't been.  I don't know where he gets the idea.  But Luke genuinely loves to explore.  Where I like to know exactly where to go, he will push further and see what's out there.  I think this is why our relationship works - he is able to push me slowly out of my boundaries and he is able to introduce me to a lot of experiences.  They don't need to be expensive, as long as we are together and we enjoy the company, we are happy.

Cheddar as you have guessed is the home of legit Cheddar Cheese.  In the old times, according to my husband, all Cheddar Cheeses has to come from Cheddar, Somerset.  They have an actual museum in Cheddar where you can see how they make the cheese old school.  The Gorge is famous for rock climbing and walks.  There would be loads of Pay and Display on the area where you can park your car.  Just make sure that you have change ready.

 This was one of the rare occasions where I was in my sneaker.  Nowadays, casual shoes is all I wear.  I gave most of my high heels to charity as I don't have need for them anymore.  I can always buy when I need some don't I?  


I can't even begin to describe how charming this place is.  I have been to a lot of places in England and this is just truly unique.  It combines the old village feel with tea houses and ice cream parlours with adventure of going to the cave, hiking and climbing.  It is definitely worth going for the day for.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...