Monday 15 October 2012

Reading: Oktobefest 2012

I am not a big beer drinker although it seems that everyone around me is.  :-P  In the UK, pubs aka beer gardens are everywhere.  Everyone seem to have their favourite pubs.  I think it's their way of catching up with friends during their busy week.  I haven't gotten the idea fully yet but I think I'm getting there.  :-)

I don't know if you know this but I get bored very quickly.  I am unemployed still(eBaying doesn't count as proper work in my opinion) and my husband has found a way of entertaining me.  He usually take me on long drives, dinner with his family and the occasional parties but will go into details when I get around to blogging about it.  I've been quite lazy lately.  

It was my first "almost" Oktoberfest festival.  Almost as it is not in Germany but the details are there.  Beers were served by wench(please google, I wasn't even sure if I use the word in the right sentence), people are wearing costumes, the drinks are served by the litre, they had a band that forces you to drink quickly and dancing drank people.  It was a lot of fun but not so much if you are not hammered.  I suggest drinking to your limit.  Hehehe.  I loved the experience.  Hopefully, Luke and I can travel to Germany in the future for the authentic experience.  We still have 2 years before we start our family.

What to expect:
Lots of drinking, dancing and merriment.

What to wear:
In the Oktoberfest Reading, they had a mud dance floor.  So I suggest wearing comfortable clothes if you are not gonna dress up.

Tickets:
Booking in advance is a must.

TIP:
Bring loads of cash as all transactions are cash only.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hire a Car For Rajasthan Tour ..

Rajasthan Travel Packages, Rajasthan Travel Tours, Car Hire For Rajasthan,
Travel Packages Rajasthan, Tour Packages Jaipur Jodhpur Jasialmer Udaipur, Best tour packages for Rajasthan, Tour packages for North India


Go For Video

Unknown said...

trekking in Nepal
Nepal trekking and tour
mustang trek
Evererest Trek
langtang valley trek
www.mountainmarttreks.com
Annapurna base camp trek
Makalu base camp trek
mustang trek
Annapurna sanctuary trek

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...