Tuesday 8 October 2013

First night in Berlin

I have to admit, Germany is not in the list of countries I want to visit.  Scratch that, I want to go to Germany only to experience authentic Oktoberfest feel.  I have been to Oktoberfest homages in few countries but nothing beats the original right?  

When we were in Germany, I asked mum why she chose Berlin.  She answered with, I asked the same question myself last Saturday before my flight to the UK.  I didn't know why I didn't think of Prague and Venice.  Glad we didn't go to Prague as I am going next month.  I am selfish like that.  :P

We took the train from the airport.  Gambling as we didn't know anything about the place.  It was both our first time in Berlin.  I just remembered using google earth to know how the area looked like and I remember seeing the Sony Building so I thought of using that as our reference in case we get lost.  Luckily, the hotel is centrally located and we didn't have a hard time finding the building.  We didn't have to resort to using the cab either.  If there is one thing that I hate, it is unnecessary spending.  I am stingy like that.  Well, if you are a regular reader, you do know that about me already but I just like to stress that out.  LOL!

As part of my/Luke and I's (although Luke's not with us) travel ritual, we rest, buy provisions and eat dinner.  Buying provisions is a must to avoid late night room service.  Let me tell you, I stay in 5 star hotels but I am still sensible about spending.  

After dinner, we went to explore our area and stumble upon the test run for festival of lights.  Lucky eh?  I was actually planning to research about this event but since we already found it without looking, I didn't bother with the other places.  




 The next day, it rained so hard and the area became very cramped with tourist.  As if act of God that we have a good view of the festival of light the previous night.  :)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...