Friday 21 August 2009

Ghent then Antwerp

We made 2 day trips on our way to Rotterdam. First stop was Ghent. It was a small town, an hour away from Brussels Midi by InterCity train. Papa Jack told us that IC is the quickest way to go around Belgium and Netherlands as it only stops on major cities. We got the train ride with our Euro Star ticket for free. :) I had an itinerary of the place but we had a hard time communicating with people so we only went to the Historic City Centre where a major renovation is being done. I had an impression that the whole Belgium is under renovation cause every where we go, construction sites are present. Anyway, we only stayed for 3 hours max for lunch and photos. We couldn't find Citadel. I really really want to see that Park but unfortunately, no signs points to that direction. Yes, no google earth print out. The website said that every where you go, you can see helpful signs. Well in our case, we didn't find those signs! :P

GHENT

 Kiss and Ride means Park and Ride.  I had to ask my friend to explain that to me.
 The Belfort.
 The square.  I love love the fascade!
 Saint Nicholas Church on the background.
Saint Bavo Cathedral.

ANTWERP

Our second stop. It is an hour away from Ghent and one more hour to Rotterdam. I was pleasantly surprised with Antwerp! They are serious about shopping. Hahaha! They have fantastic high street with amazing fascade. I think I had stiff neck from looking up. Very very well preserved. Everyone seems to be into fitness. People are cycling or rollerbladding everywhere. And may I add, hot guys! I have never seen so much blonde, blue eyed, thin and tall guys. Definitely eye candy! This makes Antwerp boys number one on my hot European list. Even mummy agreed with me. *time to roll people!*





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...