Monday 23 August 2010

Lantau Island, Hong Kong





My brother has just been to Hong Kong.  When I went there, I didn't realised that I've experienced one of the longest cable car ride available.  According to the geek engineer brother of mine, it is 2.7km long.  No wonder it felt looooong to me. :P

Luke kept on telling me about his "old" Lantau Island experience.  I was expecting ruins but I saw everything modern.  It felt like they made Lantau for tourism.  Well, it's supposed to be a tourist spot but it doesn't feel authentic to me.  When I visited, they are still constructing a village.  Although I was a bit disappointed, I did like the view from the Buddha and the challenge of going up on the 100+ steps.  Lantau is a breathe of fresh air from the usual shopping centres and markets of Hong Kong.


There are 3 things to do in Lantau Island:


1.  Eat.  Don't worry about restaurants.  There is no way that you won't be able to find restaurants.
2.  Shop.  There are lots of souvenir shops after the restaurants.  Everything is stragetically placed. 
3.  Explore.  Walk up the steps towards the Giant Buddha and take photo of the small village in Lantau Island.
To know more about Lantau, click on link- http://www.np360.com.hk/html/eng/lantau/lantau.html#back

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...