Wednesday 29 May 2013

Corfu Day 3 - The Explorer Banks

One thing my mum taught me that stuck with me on all my travels - basta may pera ka, wag kang matakot magbyahe, which translates to more or less to, as long as you have money in your pocket, do not be afraid to explore.  The same thing I shared with Luke on this trip although it wasn't about the money but instead, petrol. :P

Before Corfu, I made a list of things that I wanted to visit:

1.  Edem for Clubbing
2.  Canal D' Amour
3.  Old Town
4.  Liston

Let me say that from the above list, our best decision was to go against the list.  The list is a good idea of what you wanted to do, at the same time, it limits you in both time and experience.  At least that's how it is for me. 

The photos below are the reasons why I love Corfu town.  I will let the photos below to explain.





 (click on the photo to enlarge)

Corfu town is very small.  The tourist spots are very easy to locate.  All you need to do is walk.  There is something historic in every turn.  It is safe.  I wouldn't dare do this in Tondo.  :P  

Whilst Luke likes certainty, I like to walk aimlessly.  When we hit an unfamiliar turn, he wanted to re-trace our route whilst I just kept on going to see what's behind every turn.  Ako naman nasusunod.  The beauty in travelling is the element of surprise basta walang magnanakaw. Hahahaha.  By the third visit, I learnt Corfu's alleyways.  I know how to go to the Old Fortress to Liston, to the Pier.  This is my proud moment when travelling - knowing my bearings.  :D

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...