Thursday 8 March 2012

2.25.12: Qutub Minar

I had my first taste of India when Luke and I went to Qutub Minar(also Qutb Minar).  At this point, I still don't know what to expect from the trip.  We left everything on last minute.  We didn't have specific plans.  Glad we bought a guidebook at the beginning of the trip or we would be lost.

First impression was, wow this place is amazing.  We don't have places like this in my country.  I'm pretty impressed of the construction and detailing of the whole Qutb Complex .  It is said that the place was built from the materials of the demolished hindu temples.  27 to be precise.  Yikes.


Opening:  Daily.  It closes at 6PM for a bit then resumes again at 7PM.
Entrance Fee:  250 Rupees for foreigners and 10 Rupees for Indians

What to do?  Look for the iron pillar in the center of the ruins.  Make a wish and wrap your arm around it and your wish will come true.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...