Wednesday 14 March 2012

3.4.12: Basilica of Bom Jesus, Old Goa

Luke and I wanted to explore Goa by motor bike.  I thought he was gonna let me drive despite not having previous driving experience(I'm that crazy) and no driver's license.  I'm glad he didn't as the roads in Goa are busy!  I was constantly having heart attack whilst on the motor bike. LOL!  Luke wanted to go to Old Goa and I wanted to go to Panaji.  We ended up in Old Goa first then stumbled upon Panaji.  Goa government, please put up more signs!!!

Bom Jesus literally means Holy Jesus. The Basilica of Bom Jesus is a UNESCO World Heritage site(as most of the places that I've been in India and have written entries here) and is located in Old Goa.  In here lies the body of St. Francis Xavier. 


Entrance Fee: FREE, you can visit the art gallery for a fee but we didn't go.

Reminder:

Please dress appropriately as you are entering a sacred place.  



3 comments:

Cheap Flights to Goa said...

Dance like you're stamping on a human face forever, love like you've been in a serious car crash that minced the front of your brain, stab like no one can arrest you, and live like there's no such thing as God.

shirtscorner said...

Most fathers don't threaten to disembowel their daughter's boyfriends."

"That's not true. And anyway, that's not what I actually said. It was much worse.
Flights to Goa | Cheap Flights to Goa | Cheap Air Tickets to Goa

Dimpy Roy said...

Pictures are very beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Are you in search of hotels in Goa? Brace yourself for the problem of plenty, when you set about searching for hotels at this breathtaking holiday destination. Explore all best hotels in Goa also.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...