Wednesday 21 March 2012

3.6.12: Jantar Mantar, Jaipur

Three places to visit whilst in Jaipur's Pink City - 1.  Jantar Mantar  2.  City Palace  and 3.  Hawa Mahal.  These places are within close proximity with each other. When in doubt, ask.  :)

I wasn't interested in Jantar Mantar nor the City Palace.  Luke wanted to see Jantar Mantar though.  I told him that we saw the exact same thing in Delhi(only in red) on our way from Janpath but he couldn't recall.  

Jantar means instrument and Mantar, calculation.  It is a collection of astronomical instruments. But if you ask me, it looked more like a sculpture exhibit.  I didn't how know it functions but it is amazing to see how they can built something so modern hundreds of years ago. 

If you want to know more about Jantar Mantar, click here.
 Hawa Mahal can be seen from Jantar Mantar too. :)

 There are lots of squirrels in India. I've seen lots in Red Fort.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...