Tuesday 20 March 2012

3.6.12: Hawa Mahal, Jaipur

Luke always consider what I want.  I won't disagree with that.  When he asked me where I wanted to go, I said Jaipur and Goa immediately without thinking and researching.  Little did I know that that's the best decision that I did.  I had so much fun everyday on this trip and still enamoured with India but I was most stimulated on the places that I picked.  :)

We only had a full day in Jaipur and for our first stop, Hawa Mahal.

Hawa Mahal means Palace of the Winds.  It is made of pink and red sandstone. That's how much I know about it.  We didn't pay for a guide. :P  It's architecture design is amazing and made me wish that I know more about architecture and design.  It's honeycomb fascade is the thing that attracted me most to it.

Entrance Fee:  50 Rupees






1 comment:

Creative India Journey said...

Hawa Mahal, also known as “Palace of Breeze”, was built in 1799 as an extension to the Royal City Palace of Jaipur. It has 953 small windows (Jharokas), they were built to keep the wind blowing inside the palace. It was a summer retreat for many Rajputs families during olden times. Hawa Mahal is one of the major attractions in Jaipur. Explore this magnificent piece of Art with @creativeindiajourney.
For more details & booking, please DM us or visit:
https://www.creativeindiajourney.com
Call/WhatsApp: +91 93896 05771

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...